Align Streamlines Operations and Maximizes Efficiency for Two Government Data Centers
A government organization in New York embarked on a journey to modernize and streamline their critical IT infrastructure. With a vision to reduce the footprint of two aging data center facilities, they chose Align's multidisciplinary team spanning Data Center Infrastructure Design & Build, and Migrations, to lead this project.
This project faced several critical challenges that the Align team needed to address:
- Legacy Technology: Their data center facilities had outdated technology, leading to inefficiency and escalating operational costs.
- Space Utilization: They needed to repurpose data center square footage into office and meeting spaces, optimizing the use of valuable real estate.
- Performed Technology Inventory: The project began with a comprehensive inventory of existing IT assets. This helped the client gain full visibility into their technology landscape, a vital step for strategic decision-making.
- Eliminated Waste within Facilities: Align's team streamlined the facilities by eliminating obsolete, redundant and underutilized technology. This reduced risk and opened up valuable space for more productive purposes.
- Designed Efficient Data Center Space: Align experts leveraged their unique qualifications in both data center infrastructure and workplace design. This holistic approach led to cost and time savings, as the client relied on a single partner to manage every aspect of the project.
- Inventoried over 4,000 assets, and disposed of 250 devices and 1,000 hard drives with safe technology disposal methods
- Migrated the network, network devices, circuits, underfloor cabling, and multi-mode trunks
- Reduced data center footprint by 25% and created usable meeting spaces
- Completed the project while maintaining network operations