Apple released a security update on Thursday, August 18th for iOS, iPadOS and macOS to remediate two zero-day vulnerabilities previously exploited by threat actors to compromise its devices.
- WebKit - an out-of-bounds issue in WebKit which could lead to the execution of arbitrary code by processing a specially crafted web content
- Kernal - An out-of-bounds issue in the operating system's Kernel that could be abused by a malicious application to execute arbitrary code with the highest privileges
- This affects owners of iPhone 6s and later, all models of the iPad Pro, the iPad Air 2 and later, the iPad 5th generation and later, the iPad Mini 4 and later, and the iPod Touch (7th generation).
- Macs running OS Monterey and Safari are also affected.
- The Align Cybersecurity Team advises you to update all devices to the latest Apple Operating System – iOS 15.6.1 and iPadOS 15.6.1 and macOS 12.5.1.
- How to install the updates:
- Apple users can update their iPhones and iPads by going to Settings > General > Software Update and their Macs by going to System Preferences > Software Update.
- Familiarize your team with our Service Desk's contact information:
- Explore more information on
The Align Team
Account Management Team email: AccountMGMT@align.com
Align Managed Services Team email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Cyber Team email - email@example.com
Alex Bazay, CISO - firstname.lastname@example.org
Dan Lyons, Sales and Bus Dev - email@example.com
Phone: 1 855-IT-ALIGN (1-855-482-5446)