Align was tasked by a leading transportation network company to assist with their expansion into China.Our scope of work was to provide project management, design drawings, bills of materials (BOMs) and locally sourced material and labor for the structured cabling and patching of their data centers in Beijing and Shanghai, each over 3,000 square feet. The time to completion of these sites was extremely important to the client, as they were growing rapidly and needed the added bandwidth fast. For that reason, both sites had to be completed simultaneously within a matter of weeks.
Two Align project managers (one for each site) were tasked with the following:
- Gathering requirements
- Preparing construction documents
- Procuring material locally
- Hiring a skilled local labor force
- Being on-site for the full length of the build to manage the project
Sourcing the material locally provided a major reduction in lead time versus importing material from the United States.
After many long days and working through the weekends, Align completed all assigned tasks by the agreed upon deadlines, as well as provided the following handoff documentation to the client:
- Copper and fiber trunk pull schedules
- Copper and fiber patching schedules
- Full BOMs
- Copper and fiber trunk test results
- As-built CAD design drawing set including cabinet layout, cable tray layout, cabinet elevations, sections and details
The client was impressed with the speed at which the data centers were built, as well as the attention to detail in the structured cabling layout, patch cabling and handoff documents.