Align's Advisory and Project Management Teams Successfully Complete Challenging Migration Project for Business Information Services Provider.
When an outside vendor was unsuccessful in completing an application and data center migration, causing significant delays, one of the world’s leading suppliers of business information services contacted Align to take over the migration, strategy, program leadership and planning roles for this initiative.
Align started the migration and recovery activities by providing a gap assessment and recommendation plan to the executive management team. After the plan was reviewed and approved, Align mobilized its turnaround teams to immediately restart the migration program for the client.
The Align team revamped the migration efforts and provided standard migration practices, quickly restoring client confidence in the approach and performance of the migration. Align then advised and managed the on-site planning and logistics in order to:
- Migrate mainframe environments
- Move more than 400 applications (1,400 servers, four mainframes) through physical and virtual migrations
- Develop and provide support for the overall test plan, test execution and associated triage
- Transfer all ancillary services (desktop, network and disaster recovery, etc.) to the new provider
- Manage the connectivity move of all clients (VPN, dedicated lines) from the old data center to the new provider
The Align advisory and project management teams transitioned the migration plan away from the previous vendor that had missed critical deliverables and deadlines. As a result of the recovery plan implemented by Align, a challenging migration was completed successfully and the client achieved their objective of moving their IT infrastructure services to the new infrastructure service provider.