Align deployed a fully redundant voice and data solution using a hybrid technology platform for a newly formed hedge fund.
A newly formed hedge fund was under a tight deadline to separate their business operations from the international banking giant Barclays Capital. With no facilities of their own at the Barclays Manhattan headquarters, the hedge fund was expected to have their technology infrastructure up and running in just three months, as well as fully relocate 50 traders, 40 back-office personnel and the company’s 15-person London office. This deployment to two colocation facilities (one primary and one backup) required:
- A virtual data center infrastructure, including SAN storage for replication, backup and disaster recovery
- Fully redundant WAN, including Internet, point-to-point and MPLS technologies
- Physical and virtual desktop infrastructures developed for both traders and back-office personnel
- Integrated trading voice environment using IPC turrets and Cisco Call Manager, market data and
- Audio / visual environment
- Ongoing 24/7 year-round systems monitoring and on-site service desk support
Working closely with the hedge fund’s project team, Align deployed a fully redundant voice and data solution using a hybrid technology platform. We engaged two colocation providers to support the planned user base and leveraged their Tier-3 facilities to build out a secure enterprise-level infrastructure.
Three months later, Align’s project leadership had successfully separated the hedge fund from Barclays—on time and on budget. Traditional and virtual environments were brought online concurrently, helping expedite personnel relocation. The hybrid solution, optimized for business continuity planning and disaster recovery, fostered a high-performing technology infrastructure across the various facilities, resulting in reduced CAPEX and improved high-level redundancy.
“Align implemented the infrastructure required to set us up from scratch, delivering an end-to-end solution and outstanding project management. They provided guidance at every juncture—taking us from an empty space to a full-fledged trading environment. Our firm and applications were up and running quickly and efficiently as a result of Align’s ability to be flexible and responsive to our needs.”